Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Stitch Fix: Lucky #7

We just spent the weekend camping at Jellystone in celebration of our daughter's birthday and I came home to find Stitch Fix #7 waiting for me. Always a treat!

After my last box was such a bust, I decided to change things up a bit. I didn't request my usual stylist or to have more affordable pieces because I felt like that might be limiting me too much. I specifically asked for my stylist to please refer to my Pinterest board for inspiration and for 4 tops and 1 neutral-colored cardigan. Let's just say my stylist, Kirby, certainly delivered. So much so that my husband said "Wow, they really knocked it out of the park this time!". 

Here's what I received:

{Market & Spruce Celine Textured Colorblock Blouse -- $58}

This navy & green blouse is pure perfection. It can easily be dressed up with a pencil skirt or down with a pair of jeans. I loved the neckline, the texture of the green, and the zippered back of this blouse. My husband thought it was sexy. I can't wait to wear this one. 

Status: Kept

{Market & Spruce Alan Cowl Neck Asymmetrical Cardigan -- $58}

Here's the neutral-colored cardigan I asked for! It fit like a glove and the fabric was so soft. I was on the fence with this one and was so close to keeping it, but I recently bought a cowl neck jacket that I wear all the time, so I'm not sure how much wear I'd actually get out of this particular piece. The other thing I've realized is that my perfectionist Virgo brain just can't handle anything asymmetrical, lol. This is the second asymmetrical piece I've received and I've ultimately sent both of them back. I'm so weird.

Status: Returned

{Fun2Fun Bailee Graphic Print Blouse -- $44}

This was my least favorite piece in the box. I didn't care for the sleeves or the print of this top. It was much too busy for me and the fit wasn't fantastic. Great price point and length though. 

Status: Returned

{Olive and Oak Mulliken Raglan Striped Knit Shirt -- $48}
I absolutely adore raglan shirts. I have a ton of them pinned on my Pinterest board. This one was super cute and I loved the colors, especially that pop of orange (my favorite color). The fit was perfect on this one and I had full intentions of keeping this piece until I noticed an errant thread/blue ink mark right on a white stripe near the bustline. Such a bummer, because this one would've been a keeper for sure!

Status: Returned :(

{41Hawthorn Teresa Colorblocked Sleeveless Blouse -- $58}

I pinned this top and was so stoked to actually receive it! Even better for me that it arrived in orange, instead of the hot pink that I had pinned. I absolutely LOVE it. The fabric feels rich, the fit is fabulous, and it can easily be dressed up or down. Previous 41Hawthorn pieces have tended to run big (so much so that in my last Fix I specifically asked not to receive any more of that particular brand), but not the case here! I'm so happy I omitted that little request in the note to my stylist, otherwise I'd have missed out on this stunning little number.

Status: Kept

Overall, this fix was so fun and such a change from my last (borderline depressing) box. It just goes to show you that sometime changing up stylists, making specific requests, and updating your Pinterest board are the only things you need to get your boxes back on track.  

What great things have you received in your fixes lately, girls?

StitchFix is the very best way to shop. 
It couldn't be more convenient! If you're ready to give StitchFix a try for yourself, it's completely easy to get started. Simply sign up, fill out your style profile, and schedule your first Fix. You'll be charged $20, but that amount is deducted from whatever it is you decide to keep. They offer a 25% discount if you decide to keep all 5 pieces. Free shipping both ways and you have 3 days to try on everything in the comfort of your own home. It doesn't get any better than that, promise!

The link used in this post is my unique referral code. You definitely don't have to use it, but I'd be incredibly grateful if you did! Once you sign up, you'll receive your own code, too. I was not compensated in any way for this post and all opinions are my own. 





No comments:

Post a Comment