True enough as yesterday I was blasting the A/C and today it barely made it to 60 degrees. It was drizzly and cold all day long-- all I wanted was soup.
I was lucky enough to receive a sample of Campbell's Go(TM) soup in the Moroccan Style Chicken with Chickpeas variety and figured today would be perfect to try it out.
Have you seen these on the shelves? I love the design of the bright white pouches.
Initial Impression: Hmm, I'm not a huge chicken fan, but typically it's easily identifiable in most soups so I can just pick it out. Moroccan? Not sure what that flavor profile is usually, but I enjoy chickpeas and the ingredient list doesn't look too obscure, so let's give it a try. .
What I liked:
- It was easy enough to heat up the pouch in the microwave and I really appreciated the "cool touch" spot on the pouch to avoid burning my fingers after heating.
- Can eat out of the pouch or pour into a bowl
- Very thick consistency. The soup was hearty and satisfying.
- The soup was well-spiced, but not spicy. It was very flavorful.
- Plentiful chickpeas
- Small pieces of pulled chicken-- nice touch, felt like it was a homemade soup
- 320 calories per pouch (of this particular flavor)
- 3 grams fat/pouch (of this particular flavor)
- 12 grams fiber & 26 grams protein (of this particular flavor)
- Strong hint of cinnamon both in smell and taste. I didn't see cinnamon on the ingredient list, so I'm not sure where this was coming from. Different and slightly off-putting, but it didn't prevent me from finishing the soup.
- 1580 mg of sodium/pouch! (of this particular flavor)
Final thoughts: With a coupon, I'd likely buy this variety of soup again. Speaking of coupon, print your $1 off coupon here!The pouch packaging is very convenient and much more appealing to me than a can for some reason. Aside from the sodium content, I think this is a tasty & decently healthy lunch/dinner option.
Other Campbell's Go(TM) Soup Varieties:
- Golden Lentil with Madras Curry
- Creamy Red Pepper with Smoked Gouda
- Coconut Curry with Chicken & Shitake Mushrooms
- Chicken and Quinoa with Poblano Peppers
- Spicy Chorizo and Pulled Chicken with Black Beans
I was provided a sample of Campbell's Go(TM) Soups by Smiley360.com. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.